There’s no denial in the fact that each body part requires a different and particular type of attention, including our underarms. Also, it’s almost summers, where the sweat drowns your underarm in distress and odor. It is of utmost importance to keep them clean and hair-free, don’t forget about keeping them smell free. But, don’t worry, salon or shaving aren’t the only solutions to this.
Some natural remedies can help you to get rid of unwanted underarm hair which is useful in the long run. We present you some natural remedies for your underarm hair removal.
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/4th cup of lemon juice1/4th cup of water
- 1/4th cup of honey
Preparation and Application:
- In a bowl take some water and heat it on the stove to boil it for some time.
- Once, it begins boiling, add other ingredients to it and mix it well.
- Boil the mixture on low flame for some time.
- Keep boiling the mixture until the mixture turns brown and a thick. Remove the bowl from the flame and keep it aside to cool down.
- Pat dry and clean your underarms. Make it ready for application of the mixture.
- Take some baby powder or talcum powder and dust your underarms in it. The powder acts as an absorbent if any excess oil is present.
- Using a flat spoon, spread out the mixture evenly in your underarms. Make sure to keep the mixture layer thin.
- Let the applied mixture harden for few minutes.
- Once the mixture has become hard, tighten your underarm skin and try peeling off the hardened mix with the other hand. Remember to follow this step quickly because if done slowly, the wax can form wrinkles and will not remove your underarm hair efficiently.
- The most important aspect after waxing is to clean the skin of that area. USe water and soap to remove the residue. Pat dry using a towel and then apply a moisturizer to prevent your skin from hardening.
- You can try out this in your underarms but before you do so, do a patch test. Apply the wax on a small portion of your skin for example in your hand. If there isn’t any reaction like itching or rashes, use the same for your underarms.
This wax mixture can also be used as a body wax. Store this in a calm and dry place, whenever required, reheat and apply the mix.
This method is probably one of the easiest when it comes to waxing, but some people might be allergic to the ingredients present in them. We have some other natural ways for them too:
1. Egg and Corn Flour
Use corn flour and egg mixture to remove your underarm hair. To do so, take a tbsp of some egg white and add half a tbsp of cornflour to it. Blend and mix the solution thoroughly. Apply using a flat spoon in your armpits and let dry completely. When dried off, wash off using some cool water.
2. Milk and Turmeric
For applying this mask mixture, take two tbsp of milk and one tbsp of turmeric in a bowl. Mix them well to obtain a smooth paste. Apply this paste to your underarms and let it dry for some time. When thoroughly dried, wash it off with fresh water.
3. Sugar and Lemon
This is one of the oldest and the best method to remove unwanted hair. To use this mask, take two tablespoons of lemon juice and add one tablespoon of sugar to it. Mix the ingredients well to obtain a smooth paste. Apply the paste to your underarm and let dry for some time. Once, the wax has dried off, clean it with a wet and clean towel. For best results use this twice or thrice in a week.
4. Egg Mask
To prepare this wax mixture, take some egg white and add some amount of sugar in it. Mix the obtained mixtures well until it turns into a fine paste. Apply this mixture to your underarms and let dry. When the wax has dried off, peel the same in the opposite direction of hair growth. The hair gets pulled off finely. Wash the skin of that area with cool water and apply some moisturizer.
5. Chickpea Flour Mask
Chickpea is used as an ingredient in many things but did you know it works well as a wax too? To prepare this mixture, add 4-5 tbsp of chickpea flour in a bowl. Now, add one tbsp of fresh cream, 4-5 tbsp of milk, and one tbsp of turmeric to it. Mix the ingredients properly to form a smooth paste. Apply the mixture evenly in the direction of your hair growth. Leave the mask on for about half an hour and then rub off the flour. Once the dried flour mask is rubbed off, wash the skin with cool water. For best results do this once a week.
These were some fantastic natural methods to remove your underarm hair.