We all face the problems of hair growth once in our lifetime. Slow hair growth rate can be very disappointing primarily when you’ve been working so hard for your hair. But did you know, there’s this fruit that we use daily in our diets, and that can be used efficiently for our hair growth? And that fruit is none other than Lemon.
Lemon works as an excellent source for hair care and as a hair mask. Along with improving hair growth, it also helps to curb down graying. Yes, lemon does all of this! Let’s read along to see more about it.
Benefits of Lemon for Hair Growth
Lemon is a bowl of nutrients such as citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, pectin, and flavonoids. There’s a myth that claims that applying lemon to hair promotes graying of hair; it’s high time this misconception should be broken.
Lemon for Hair Growth
- Lemon is rich in Vitamin C, which acts to improve the rate of hair growth by producing a right amount of collagen.
- The acidic nature of lemon helps to tighten your hair follicles, curbing down hair fall.
- Also helps to clean the scalp and unclog your hair follicles. Clogging of hair follicles often leads to dandruff and hair fall.
- Lemon contains some anti-fungal properties that help in maintaining the health of your scalp.
- It also helps to control the production of oil in your scalp.
- Lemon juice also helps to re-stimulate the growth from the dormant hair follicles.
Here are five simple ways for you to use Lemon Juice as a hair mask or hair growth tonic.
1. Lemon Juice Treatment
- You will require half a lemon followed by 15 minutes of preparation time.
- To use this method, squeeze the lemon juice from the half freshly cut lemon into a bowl. Using the juice, massage your scalp with the juice for 5-10 minutes and then leave it on for another 20 minutes.
- When dried away, wash off your hair with a mild shampoo and fresh water.
- Follow this once a week for best results.
- This treatment is probably one of the most elegant solutions for people with oily skin. It gives a boost to the collagen which in turn influences hair growth.
2. Lemon Shampoo for Hair Growth
- Things you will require are 5 tbsp pure henna powder, one whole egg, 1 cup warm water, 1/2 lemon. The preparation time required for this is 1-2 hours.
- To make use of this method, combine some henna powder, egg, and warm water into a bowl and mix it until you get a thick paste. Squeeze the juice of the freshly cut lemon into this mixture. Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it on until it dries off. This should approximately take 1-2 hrs. When finished, rinse it off with cool water.
- Follow this method once a month.
- This method works best for people who wish to cover their grey and boost hair growth simultaneously. Henna is a natural dye and maintains good health of your scalp.
3. Lemon Juice and Coconut Water
- You will require 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp of coconut water, with the processing time being 20 minutes.
- To use this method, mix equal proportions of coconut water and lemon juice in a bowl. Massage the scalp using this mixture and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash it off after it has dried off completely using a mild shampoo and fresh water.
- Use this once a week and get the best results.
- This method works best to provide strength and nourish your follicles which in turn curb hair fall and improves hair growth.
4. Lemon and Castor Oil with Olive Oil for Hair Growth
- You’ll require 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp castor oil, 4-5 drops of lemon essential oil with the preparation time 45 minutes.
- To use this method combine all the ingredients in a bowl and warm it slightly. Massage this oil mixture on your scalp for 15 minutes. Leave the oil on for 30 minutes then wash it off using a mild shampoo with fresh water.
- Follow this 2-3 times a week.
- This method works best because of the castor oil which a gem for promoting hair growth. Castor oil plus olive oil helps to repair damage, also, reduces hair breakage and improves health.
5. Lemon Rinse for Hair Growth
- You will need 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 cups of warm water with a preparation time of 5 minutes.
- To use this method, dilute a tbsp of lemon juice in 2 cups of water in a jug and keep it aside. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Pour the diluted lemon juice on your hair and rinse thoroughly.
- Follow this once a week.
- This method works well to cleanse your scalp thoroughly and gives a collagen boost to it, also, strengthening your hair follicles.
Click on next button to read another part of content